Eye Care Community
retina detachment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

retina detachment

HI.Please tell me the best doctor for retina derachment.My boyfriend suffered an accident on the right eye.Some broken glass jumped in his eye 3 months ago  and affected very serious his eye.He suffered 3 operations,here in Romania, for  eliminate the cruor from the eye,and this affected the retina.He couldn't see,all that he could see were shadows and those only when he looked at the sun.He was in Belgium for the retina operations and there he was told that after some weeks he will see.It has passed 1 month since the intervention and he can't see(neither the shadow).In this time we went here,in Romania at consultation and  the doctor said that he will not have any chance to see.

Please very much help us,and tell me a good doctor anywhere in this world.Thank you very much and i wait your answer.
Tags: eyes
There is no "best" retina doctor in the world. then are literally thousands with good training and reputation.  England and Germany have good retina surgeons at their medical schools. In the USA consider  Bascom Palmer Institute of U of Miami or Tim Olsen MD Chair of Emory University in Atlanta and a world famous retina surgeon.

JCH MD
Thanks a lot for your answer.can you suggest me a good doctor that can help us with this problem?
I did in the last sentence. Tim Olsen, MD Chair of Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. One of the world's formost retina surgeons, a second would be Steve Charles MD in Miami also a world wide reputation.

JCH MD
Thank you very much for the answer!
My error: Steve Charles is in Memphis.

JH MD