Eye Care Community
retinal tear GENteal gel

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

retinal tear GENteal gel

I am 57 and had blurred vision in the morning. I used my friend GenTeal (for mild to severe) eye drops. One drop in affected eye. Vision did not improve so I went into my retinologist. He noted a small tear on tear flap he had lasered 3 years ago. He relasered the tear but 4 days later vision is still blurred which he attributes to a large amount of blood still in the eye. Do you think the GenTeal is the problem? i can't see out of the eye.
GenTeal is not the problems.  The hemorrhage is causing the decrease in vision.  This will take time to clear and if it does not you will need surgery.

Dr. O.