retinal tear laser recovery
hi..i am 57 years old and experienced flashes in my vision & a single floater in my right eye on 06-06-11. I went to an opthalmologist on 07-06-11 where i was diagnosed with a retinal tear at 11 to 1 'o' clock position, far away from the macula & i was immediately treated with laser. I am non diabetic, fully controlled hypertensive, non smoker , non alcoholic. My  visual acuity was normal (same) was normal before & after procedure. I am myopic for last 35 years (glass - 1.50). My query is how long would it take for the FLASHES & floater to disappear 2) complete healing to occur 3) any chances of recurrence at the same or other sites 4) any further investigations required & 5) line of treatment suggested 6) any further precautions....thankyou
You should discuss this with your surgeon.  Flashes will continue as long as there is traction on the retinal (the vitreous needs to pull free of the retina).  There is a small chance of additional tears in this eye and about a 10% chance of a tear in the other eye.  No special precautions except trauma to eyes or head.

Dr. O.