Eye Care Community
retinoblastoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

retinoblastoma

I took a photo of my son just yesterday and noticed that the pupil was white when photographed.  Also, some photos today showed one red eye (flash) and one orangish pupil.  Should I wait to call his doctor or rush to ER?  I am worried about retinoblastoma.
Fortunately most of these are not retinoblastoma or tumors within the eye are are due to reflections. You do not need to go to the ER. Look at some previous photos you've taken to see if its been there before. If not that's a good sign. Make an appointment with an ophthalmologist to be sure. The odds are much in your favor.

JCH MD