Eye Care Expert Forum
right eye leaking

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

right eye leaking
Hi, I wanted to know. my right eye keeps watering (Leaking) all day none stop laying down standing up.. and when i close my eye it hurts a lil like a burning feeling... wat could that be  thank you
It can be due to excessive tear production due to an irritation or infection or disease of the eye or it can be due to improper flow of the tear drainage system to the tears do not make it into the nose but rather overflow the eyelids down onto the face.  Perhaps you have the former cause since there is some irritation involved.  See an ophthalmologist to find out what you have.   In the meantime use some lubricating drops like Genteal to help with the irritation.

MJK MD