Eye Care Community
scar on retina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

scar on retina

If one's double vision is monocular ghosting due to scar near the macular area of the operated eye,
1) how can this be treated?
2) dees the scar need to be removed or operated on first before the double vision, lopsided vision, eye and a half vision feeling will go away?
3) what are the treatments for scar near the macula of the eye?
4) how soon can the operation can be done to remove the scar after PPV with gas bubble?  6 months...8 months....a year?
5) can scars be the doctor's fault for not being careful during surgery?  

6) can the scar go away on it's own in time, therefore restoring vision in time?

My Doc said to give my vision time....like a year or 2 years.  Is this really the case or he

Thanks sincerely in advance for your answers.
  • scars on retina (1 replies):
    1) What is/are the cause of scars on the retina? I have...[more]
  • scar on retina (2 replies):
    If one's double vision is monocular ghosting due to scar...[more]
  • Toxo scar (2 replies):
    Hi! I m 19 years old and a year ago the doctors found a...[more]
  • eye scars (6 replies):
    Hiya I am 17 years old and had my eyes tested yesterday...[more]
  • retinal scars (1 replies):
I've commented all I'm going to on your problem
JCH MD
hi,
i have an injury for years in my left eye which left a white scar near the lens but did not effect the lens but i see with this eye but not clearly do to the whitish scar covered the lens,i have contacted a physician for an operation or removal they say it can not be operated i want to know if there are any solution or can i use a contacted lens if possible.
pls i need your reply.
hi,
pls i need your reply.
Likely the scar is on the cornea. You should consult the finest corneal ophthalmologist you can get to.  Options might include: corneal transplant, lamellar keratectomy,  laser ablation of scar or a cosmetic contact lens worn over the cornea like those used to change the color of the eye.

JCH MD
hi,
when i was 11yrs broom entered into my eyes and the eye became reddish and i was taking to an eye clinic after some treatment the red eye later became white and left a whitish scar in my eye as a result of this i can no longer see with this eye clearly i can not focus on an object clearly  unless i get very closer to it if before i can see, i have contacted a physician who say it can not be operated and no solution for it. i have a picture of my self so to see what am talking about .
please i need your reply.  thank in advance
I can not tell from the photo you posted and a real exam is what is needed. As I said in the first post you need to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist that specializes in cornea disease. Also most important of all protect your good eye from disease or injury.

JCH MD