Eye Care Community
scar tissue of the eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

scar tissue of the eye

I,ve had multiple eye surgeries in my right eye mostly due to Glaucoma however,ever since  they remove a Cataract from that same eye I,ve had two cornia transplant in that same eye which they said was the cause of vision lost .Now my eye doctor is saying that scar tissue is blocking my sight.My question to you is can it be remove my surgery or medication or due i have to live with it. I also have cornia edeme agian in that same eye. thank you for any help

This discussion is related to scar tissue under the retina.
Medication doesn't remove scar tissue. Whether surgery would help you or not can only be determined by an Eye MD that can examine your eye.

JCH III MD
I just want to thank you for your responds and time. however. I would like to know to the best of your knowlegde do you know of any one who had a scar tissue over the eye remove with success Also what can you tell me about blepharitis I,m 65 years old and i understand that its very common in the elderly, Im currently taking Erythromycin ointment,Zylet and applying wram compresses over both eyes 4x a day. thank you again in advance
"scar tissue" is not a specific diagnosis. It says nothing about what caused the scar, how big the scar is or where the scar is. So I cannot respond to your question.  If you are not comfortable with your situation get a second opinion.

Use the search feature and archives to look up the many discussions we've had in previous posts.

Also Google "blepharitis emedicine"

JCH III MD