Eye Care Community
scars behind my eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

scars behind my eyes

i went for an eye test today (22.06.09) and the optition said my vision was very good but when he was looking at my eyes he noticed 'pigmented scars' behind my eyes, one on my right eye and alot on my left eye. I am 12 years old now but when i was little i had alot of problems with my left ear. i had alot of operations on that ear so i was wondering whether that was the cause of the scars. The optition said it is very unusual not only to have them scars but to have as many as i have. He said that it could of been caused from damage to the head or eyes but i have only had a couple of bumps on my head,nothing serious. He said he will get me an appointment with the consultant but me and my mum are just curious. Could you get to me as soon as possible. Thanks alot. Ellie : )
Too many causes of chorioretinal scars to give you anything more than a guess. See the consultant ophthalmologist. Most of these are not serious.

JCH MD