sclera discolourartion
hi, i have noticed that over the last two or three years my sclera has gone from white to slightly brownish red, mainly due to red streakes. I am really concerned about it and would like to know if it may be down to diet or anything else. I know its not the sun because i live in london (barely sunny in summer). i would also like to know if there is a way for me to reverse it. it looks like tiny blood vessels that are showing up, can i get rid of them???
You do need an eye examination by an eye MD. Generally the sclera changes color due to age and life long accumation of UV and infrared radiation (even in London). Also the sclera thins giving it a darker color.

JCH III MD
I've had brownish sclera for some years and somedays they seem darker than usual. I used to smoke alot of "mary jane" in college, I wonder if this might have something to do with this condition. I'm about 30 and African American, so would age play a factor ? I've had various test down for other resons ,but there are no other underlying contributions that are normally associated with sclera browness. I would like to know if ther is medication or a proces to reverse this pigmentation.