secondary cataract and yag laser
I have had what my doctors called a secondary cataract and have had yag laser twice with little results. Now they say that the clouding is not in the capsule. It is in the viterous and nothing can be done. Has anyone ever heard of this? What causes it? Needless to say, I am very disappointed, I thought at least that one problem with my eyes could be corrected .
I would get one or two other opinions. If its in the vitreous a vitrectomy might help.  See at least one retina surgeon. Find one near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD
The Dr I saw Monday is a retina surgeon at Mayo Clinic, in Jacksonville, Florida.He does not think any surgery is necessary ,because my vision is 20 /30 in that eye on the charts.(with glasses) My problem is that cloud makes me very nervous. and I was so sure that the Yag would clear it up.
If it should get worse, I will ask for another opinion.
Thanks for the answer.
20/30 vision would not justify a vitrectomy.

JCH MD
Yes, I know it would not, but he did do a yag laser twice on that eye to
try and  open the capsule. I was just wondering if the vitrerous would possible clear on its on with time.
Maybe yes maybe no I don't think anyone can tell you for sure.

JCH MD
Has anyone had the dr do surgery for teh capsule and then decide it is the vitreosus? I was very confused after thinking that problem could at least be resolved. Tooooooo many problems with the eyes can not be explained , Lets hope they are researching as I type this.
My grandaughter has devic disease and has little sight due to optic nerve damage. Please  do research doctors. She is 12 . I am 66 . We all need research and help.
-
In December, I had the YAG procedure done for a secondary cataract. 15 years ago, my retina detached and a Silicon buckle was put in. About 8 years ago, i had my first cataract surgery in that eye. Now i am experiencing loss of eyesight, 20-60 unable to correct, and a cloudiness. What do you think it may be? i have an appointment with the retinal physician next week. Please help me. Thanks
If you are having flashes, increase floaters, loss of field of vision or the vision suddenly worsened I would call the retinal eye MD tomorrow and try with all your might to get an emergency work in exam tomorrow.

JCH MD