Eye Care Community
sedatives prior to surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

sedatives prior to surgery

What are the specific kinds of sedatives (including the dosage) to doctors usually administer to help relax the patient prior to LASIK eye surgery?  I am thinking about getting LASIK surgery and the doctor says he will give provide drops that will numb the eye.  I told him about my fear and panicking and anxiety.  He says that I can go see another doctor to get a prescription for muscle relaxers, but he didn't specify what kind and dosage.  Any suggestions?
Yes, see your personal physician to discuss and work on your anxiety.
JCH MD