seeing prisms
I occasionally see prisms all around my eyesight range except for the centre or focal point.  Whenever this occurs I try to figure out what I did that was different in my diet or activities to trigger such a symptom. I cannot narrow it down to a particular event or ingested substance. It is painless though somewhat unnerving, and seems to happen without any apparent cause, reason or circumstance. It occurs approximately once a month and only lasts about 5 to 15 minutes, but without any apparent link to a particular routine or pattern in my daily life. I am otherwise healthy, not overweight, and have a reasonably healthy diet.  Can someone enlighten me as to what this condition is, what causes it; what I can do to avoid it; and should I be worried?
Thank you,
jimidi

This discussion is related to Seeing through prisms.
See an ophthalmologist.  This may be migraine.

Dr. O.
I have the same symptoms, but they are very few and far apart.  When they first occurred the ophthemologist diagnosed it as optical migraines or ocular migraines.  It has been thirty years since they began and they have gotten better in the sense that they arre  fewer and further apart.  There is nothing to do for them but relax and wait it out.  But as the doctor before me advised, you should let an MDdagnos it.  Good luck.  
Definitely an occular migraine. I have Lupus and used to get them regularly. They disappeared when I eliminated food allergens, especially gluten, and I've been taking a prescription verdion of Singulair daily.
=