Eye Care Community
seeing prisms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

seeing prisms

I occasionally see prisms all around my eyesight range except for the centre or focal point.  Whenever this occurs I try to figure out what I did that was different in my diet or activities to trigger such a symptom. I cannot narrow it down to a particular event or ingested substance. It is painless though somewhat unnerving, and seems to happen without any apparent cause, reason or circumstance. It occurs approximately once a month and only lasts about 5 to 15 minutes, but without any apparent link to a particular routine or pattern in my daily life. I am otherwise healthy, not overweight, and have a reasonably healthy diet.  Can someone enlighten me as to what this condition is, what causes it; what I can do to avoid it; and should I be worried?
Thank you,
jimidi

This discussion is related to Seeing through prisms.