Aa
A
A
Close
seeing spots of light
40 y/o female:  I started seeing small spots of white lights yesterday and it is happening again this morning.  I see them in front and in my side vision.  I also get a little light headed when I see them.  They only last for a few minutes and move in all different directions but it almost looks like the falling pieces from fireworks.  

My vision past medical history is:  only wear reading glasses, diagnosed with retinal migraines in college while losing color vision and then complete vision loss (temporary) after being on a micoroscope for a histology class - lots of hours on the scope, took plaquanil for about 6 months (low dose) but stopped taking it after my liver enzymes were funky, a few spots founds on my retina (told nothing to worry about it) and then hair loss.  

Other medical history:  G5P2 , +ANA, Raynaud's Syndrome, Anti-Phospholipid Syndrome (hypercoagulative disorder), Angina, GERD, Asthma (new diagnosis this last year), IBS, Vocal Cord Dysfunction, Appendectomy.  
Current Meds:  baby asprin 1-2/day, claritin, zantac, advir, albuterol inhaler as needed.  

Are these floaters that I've read about, or given my history is it a possibility that it is something else?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488 tn?1310696703
Your description of the while lights DOES NOT conform with vitreous floaters. A variant of ophthalmic migraine perhaps..  You do need to see an eye physician (ophthalmologist or Eye MD) for a comprehensive medical eye exam and also discuss this with your personal physician.

JCH III MD  Eye Physician and Surgeon
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks for the input.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources