Eye Care Community
seems like my eye is losing color

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

seems like my eye is losing color

6660673?1298050694
hello

I have brown eyes...on the edge it seems that my eye losing it's color
I'm 32, wearing contact lenses (-5.5) for about 10 years ( i don't know if it's relevant)
can you tell me what it is?
I can not tell from the picture.  You may be describing an Arcus senilius. This can be a normal finding or sign of elevated cholesterol.  Mention it to your doctor when you renew you contact lens prescription.

Dr. O.
I have the same and the eye doctor said it was a sign of high cholesterol.
I went to an eye doctor, she said it's maybe because of my contact lenses ?? is it?(i have been using those for more than 10 years).
she said it a Atrophied muscles (muscles don't work properly)... can it be?
what can i do?
If the loss of color is actually a grayish or bluish ring around the outer edge of the iris I should think it is arcus senilis. If so, contact lenses have nothing to do with it.