severe eye pain after surgery
On January 14th of this year I had cataract surgery done with lens implantation. After surgery my doctor told me that the capsule broke during the surgery. I was ok for 2 days after the surgery and then developed severe pain in the eye. I went back to my doctor who checked the retina and all and all he said was there were inflamatory cells on the eye. He gave me vicoden for the pain because tylenol did not work. The pain got so bad i was having migrains with it. The eye then hemoraged and left a nast blood sack on the white of my eye going half way around the eye. After almost 4 eweeks now the pain is subsiding and he now thinks it may have been skleritis? I am not sure and am wondering now if my surgeon knows enough about all this. He even tried anti inflamatory medicine (pills) and that did nothing either. At night in low light or no light conditions the vision in this eye is darker now than the other eye. He says that is probably due to the fact that my pupil is now smaller in this eye. The other eye was done in December and no complications other than some waxy vision which he says is corrected with a minor laser proceedure. Any ideas on what this could be since i still have some minor soreness in th eeye or has any of you heard of this happeneing?
Breakage of the posterior capsule is one of the two most common complications and occures in 2-5% of cases. Your recovery is not typical. I suggest a discussion with your surgeon about prognosis, etc. Consider asking for a second opinion

JCH MD