Eye Care Expert Forum
severe eye pain

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

severe eye pain
I have had a pain in my eye for a few days and now if I even look into the light my eye is excruciating. Any ideas i used eye drops with some small relief..
You need to see an ophthalmologist immediately for proper diagnosis and treatment!
Thankyou for your response it has got a little better now but is still a little sore i take plaquinil for lupus and have vasculitis along with SLE but I can look into the light  I am going to my family physician tomorrow but my eye doc is always fully booked If it does not get better I promise to go to hospital to get it looked at  Thank you so much for responding. I would have gone right away but I have been so sick with other things  thank you again
My daughter poked me in the eye and my eye is all blood shot and my eyeball is really sore. Is there any way to ease pain. It seems to be getting worse.