Eye Care Expert Forum
shot in the eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

shot in the eye
i got shot in the eye with a airsoft gun from like 10 feet away. and its been five days and my eye sight is still brury. the eye doctor that i went to only gave me eye drops. how long will it take for my vision to come back and what can i do to help my eye
Honestly, you need to be asking this question to your ophthalmologist.  I don't know the extent of your injury.  It can be more than you think initially since there can be swelling of the retina and even something more serious like a retinal detachment.  There can also be significant corneal sweling, damage to the iris and lens and bleeding in the front and back of the eye.  Make sure to always wear eye protection when playing with this sort of gun.  Remember Murphy's Law - whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

Michael Kutryb, MD