Eye Care Expert Forum
skin growing on cornor of eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

skin growing on cornor of eye

when i was born my right eye had skin over it it was operated on ad skin was removed but for th last 23 year the skin ha been growing very slow when i was 12 i went for scans of my eye and brain the doctors said it was to dangerous to operate to remove it because the skin has been growing backwards down my optic nerve it has irritated me all my life my eye sometimes goes into little fits and blinks fast because of the irritation i dont know what its called and every doctor that has seen it has no idea what it is or what it is called...is there a way of getting anything done to get it removed before it completely grows over my eye...
Your question cannot be answered because you have not been given (or do not recall) a firm diagnosis.  I would suggest you seek the opinion of an experienced oculoplastics specialist.  You can find one at www.aao.org.