small lump beside iris..what could it be?

I actually have great vision so I have never posted any questions about my eyes before.  Anyway, even though I am planning to see an eye doc at some point, i wanted to see if you guys could give me a clue as to what this might be.  For awhile now---months, maybe even a year or two--I have had a lump on the side of my iris in both eyes (the side closest to the corner of the eye/nose).  It is a tad smaller than the tip of a match, and it is not a different color or anything...but it's a rather significant lump on the white part of the eyeball.  OK..sometimes there is a yellow tinge, but that is very faint and not the norm.  It is very prominent on my right eye, but not so on my left. Sometimes my eye will get bloodshot and irritated in that corner on the right eye, but this goes away with eye drops usually.  

I showed this to my hubby last night, and he said he's never seen anything like it before.  His eyes do not have this.  So...have any of you heard or had something like this before?  Any help would be greatly appreciated ☺
99% chance this is a pinguecula.....an almost normal fibrosis of the conjunctival membrane covering the eye. Some think these are more prominent in those with greater sun/wind exposure. We see these very often when we do a slitlamp examination and
most folks don't even notice them.

If they get irritative, they can be lubricated with artificial tears. If they get really big (rare), they can be removed.
Thanks so much for your reply ☺