Eye Care Expert Forum
small white bump on inner corner of eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

small white bump on inner corner of eye

I have had this little white bump on the skin in the inner corner of my right eye. here is a picture http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k15/skrilla269/0_IMAGE_047.jpg
It has showed up in the past and gone away but now its back again. It doesnt hurt or cause any discomfort its just there and I want it to go away. someone told me that it was a oil deposit or something like that. So if anyone can help me figure out what it is called and how to get rid of it and prevent it from coming back I would really appreciate it.

Dear bdw1980,

I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD to determine the cause of the bump.  It might be possible to have it removed if you are bothered by the cosmetic appearance.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California