Eye Care Community
small white dot corner of of cornea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

small white dot corner of of cornea

have a small white, opaque dot on the corner of of cornea, and was wondering what it could be. It isn't enlargening. It happen on friday at 2am when I removed my contact lense the left one went fine but the right eye burned and my eye started to tears. I had my lenses for 18h that day and my eyes were dry since I went to see a music show and a lot of people were smoking. I didn't find the lense, so I though the sensation was from the contact being lost in the back of my eyes. I added eye drop and it burned...I went to bed and the next day still painfull, eye sensitive to light. I went to see my optometrist she prescribed an antibiotic VIGAMOX. I put since last saturday 4 drop a day. I went to see her last Monday. No improvement for the dot but my eyes fell better than saturday. I went back yesterday, no improvement so she send me to the eye doctor specialist. She told me to take Vigamox every 2h instead of 4. When I read the trial on Vigamox the patient took the drug 3x a day and see efficacy after 4-5days. For me it had been 5 now 6 days. I am kind of scare and I don't know if they know what I have exactly. Anyone on earth had a similar event or know what it could be please answer I will highly appreciate and have a better thanksgiving. Also is it dangerous to take Vigamox at each 2h? Since trial was only 3x a day
Tags: Vigamox
It sounds like you have an infectious corneal ulcer. This is a serious medical condition best treated by an ophthalmologist MD at first diagnosis. This type of history with a contact lens is typical. Proper treatment is frequent antibiotic drop as you are now taking. It may take longer now because you were not on them frequently from the start.
If it is the usual types of bacteria, it should respond to the Vigamox but it must be watched often and possibly cultured in case it is a bacteria resistant to Vigamox.

Also, you must be very careful to follow all the directions you have been given regarding your contact lens care. Often a lapse in this care starts these problems. Also, once a patient gets one of these, I never allow them to wear lenses on an extended overnight basis.
I have three white dots in corner of left eye and two dots in right eye. I do not wear contact lenses.  I use drops for dry eyes. Dull headache in right side of head also.  Please advise.
I have white dots in corner of both eyes.  Right eye feels sore.  I use dry eye drops given by my eye doctor.  Dots in left eye increased to three now.  I do not wear contact lenses.  However, I had a cataract right eye operaton in October 2008.  My eye doctor examined me and also a retina doctor.  Both did not find any problem.  Please advise what these white dots are. Could it be low immune system?  Please advise.
I have the same a white dot on eye' cornea. I am going to see the doctor on Friday. It can be because of overnight use of the reading lense.
I saw the doctor today and he suggested I het a surgery for it to be romved. Hope this will help
i don't have insurance to see a doctor but are there any other similar to vigamox that i can take to get this white dot off??? or do i have to get this type of medication prescribed by a eye doctor please help......