Eye Care Expert Forum
small white spots

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

small white spots
hi I have been trying to find an answer and am not able to I have recently noticed that my eyes are tearing and I thought it was because of watching tv in the dark, but recently noticed that i have small tiny white spots in the inside of my lower lid on both eyes i don't know if they are also on the top but what could it be?
You may be noticing the lacrimal punctum.  You can google it and use google images and I suspect that is what you are looking at.  By the way this is a normal part of the eyelids and you have on on each upper and lower eyelid.  There are different causes of tearing - so you should probably see an ophthalmologist if your problem persists.

MJK MD