Eye Care Community
sore, red, puffy eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

sore, red, puffy eyes

For a couple weeks, my left eye has felt weird when I wake up. It's kind of irritated and waters a lot. I started getting white crusty stuff near the outer corner.I didn't think much about it until a few days ago. My right eye got extremely sore, red, and puffy especially around the outer corner. Not only is the crusty stuff near there, but also under my whole eye. Both eyes itch a little more than usual and around the crusty stuff, they burn.

My grandma gave me some SteriLid to wash them with. My grandpa's eye doctor told him to use it to get rid of the bacteria. I've been using that for 2 days now. My right eye isn't as sore and the redness/puffiness has gone done. The crusty stuff goes away for about 5 minutes, then it's right back. My left eye seems to be getting worse. Before tonight, it wasn't sore at all. Instead of the outer corner, it's the inner corner.

I looked up the symptoms online, and I think it's belepheritis. From what I can tell, it's not too serious of a condition. Is that actually what it sounds like? And should I continure to use the SteriLid or is there something that would be better to use?

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated!! :)
Thanks!