Eye Care Community
sore eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

sore eye

I have had a tearing eye for a few weeks now.  However; my left eye is very sore, it actually feels like I have a cold in it if that is feasable, my eye is very sensitive to light and it constantly weeps.  It is swollen at times and it also clears up at points for a few hours then it comes back.

It is only my left eye so I cannot think it is an allergy and I have never had this in the past I am 60 years old...even my sinuses on the left side seem full and my nose does run when my eye is sore....and weeping

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
Helen
Tags: sore eyes
There are a number of problems that can cause this.  Please see an ophthalmologist.

Dr. O.