sore eyes in child
My son has had sore eyes for around 6 months now which were making him blink incessantly and he complained that they were itchy. The outside scorners of his eyes are sore, particularly the inside which is a little swollen. There is no crusting.
I took him to an optician before Christmas who said that his glands were blocked and he suggested warm compresses on the eyes for 15 mins a day, but to go to the doctor if it didn't improve after 4 weeks. So I went to the doctor after 4 weeks . There had been some relief for my son but the problem was not resolved. I asked the doctor if my son should see a specialist and he told me that an eye specialist couldn't do anything about this which I found difficult to believe. He wasn't sure what it was, he mentioned possible blepharitis and gave me antibiotic drops for my son. He has had these for 5 days and there has been a very slight improvement but not enough to enable him to attend school today. What do you think? Should I push for him to see a specialist or is it possible the antibiotics may work given more time? Many thanks.
See a specialist if it does not improve.

Dr. O.
Has the possibility of allergy come up? It was the cause of my grandson's problem.
Allergy hasn't been suggested. I only know what the optician told me. The doctor is quite dismissive to be honest, and rude when I asked if he needed to see a specialist. It's definitely something worth considering, but how do they work out that ia allergy? Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately I can't get in touch with my daughter at this time to find out what she did. I would go to the local chemist's shop and ask for advice on what to try for an eye allergy. Pharmacists can often be more helpful than an MD.