Eye Care Community
sphincter muscle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

sphincter muscle

Dear Dr John Hagan,hello ,first i would like to say i love reading your post,you give us so much information,and to take the time to help us i would like to thank you, ok for my question,I have a blown pupil,the doctors say its my sphincter muscle,but they also say that it is so little its hard to see,what kind of test can i get without going thru any major, pain to find out if it is the muscle,my pupil is fixed and does not come down at all with eye drops called pilo,any information would be so greatful thank you.
Please repost on an odd day (tomorrow).  I answer questions on even days and Dr. Hagan on odd days.

Dr. O.

Dr. O.
Hello thank you for responding, but i would not mind your help also im new to this any information is appreciated maria longwood fla
It would be helpful to know what caused this.  Did you have cataract surgery, trauma, injection, etc.   This can be fixed during cataract surgery or after cataract surgery by suturing the iris to make a smaller pupil.

Dr. O.
Dear Dr John Hagan,i just want to say i enjoy reading your post, i learn so much and thank you for takink the time helping us all,ok my question is i was hit in the eye with a marble, i have a blown pupil from this, the doctors said had to be my sphincter muscle,but we do not no for sure everything eleswas ok with my eye,nerves,high pressure,ect is there any test a doctor can do to tell it is my muscle without going thru any painful treatment,they say the s muscle is so tiny like a needle in a haystack,2nd i was givin very powerful eye drops to keep my eye dialated the day of the accident, one doctor said that stuff could last months in your eye just a few drops,to make it stay dialated,so the out was i had a blown pupil not knowing due to drops were covering it up, i only used them for a few days ,how come the doctors could not tell the difference if someone has eye drops or having a blown pupil, thank you looking forward to your imput.
I wrote on your post last night but i realize you were off yesterday, so Dr Ray Oyakawa told me to post again today ,im trying to get this to you but it doesnt seem to be working i see my post but its way down the list and looks like it was already answred,if you could please look for maria 703 sphincter muscle its the  one i posted today 3]4 hours ago thank you.