squiggles in vision
My vision has squiggles in the center of my vision like when TV shows block out the face of a person and you get the crinkly blurry thing in the middle.  I am having this more and more to where I cannot do my job.  I seem to have it more in the summer (when it is really hot) than at any other time of the year.  When I get this I have to close my eyes for about 30 min. to an hour to get it to go away.  I can not keep doing this it is very disruptive in the course of the day and if I can not close my eyes for some reason then I end up getting really bad headaches.  I have seen my eye doctor and he tells me that it is something that I will just have to live with.  What is happening to me and is there any way to get rid of this problem.  
Ask your eye doctor to explain exactly what is going on for you. Get a diagnosis. Do a search here on your symptoms.

If you have not seen an eye MD, find an ophthalmologist at www.aao.com.
This is the best way to monitor the health of your eyes, and to protect vision.

The doctor here will advise you.

I encourage you to follow up with us, and to respond to other community members, so that all of us can help each other learn about our eye care.

You were not given a satisfactory answer. You need to see a Eye MD ophthalmologist physician. In the USA find one at www.aao.org

Most likely cause is eye migraines but other more serious things like TIA or disease of heart, brain, eye or blood vessels need to be excluded.

JCH MD
I've had strange waves and moving crooked lines in the outside corner of my eyes for years. It usually only lasts about 30 minutes and happens only 2-3 times per year. No headaches.  I went to the eye doctor and he said he couldn't find and associated problem with aan eye exam.  He said it's probably just a spasm in the optic nerve. No further treatment was recommended.  I rub my temples and it goes away.  Maybe there is a pressure point there or something.