Eye Care Community
stars and flashes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

stars and flashes

I to see stars and flashing lights. The stars are pin point of bright lights. Mostly there all the time especially when i look at the sky. I have diabetes type 1 due to removal of 80% of my pancreas. I just had a check up at the eye doctor for a check  up and a base for my diabetes. I know i have ocular migraines. These are not the same. I,m 48 and suffer from chronic panceratitis, gastropararises, hypothyriodism, and take many meds. I wander if all my meds. could be causing the stars or something else. I've had many x-rays and cat scans but not for this reason but nothing has come up about them.
Tags: Doctor
Google entoptic phenomenon and see if it explains your problem.

Dr. O.