Eye Care Community
suspicious looling optic nerve
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

suspicious looling optic nerve

I went to my eye doctor yesterday.  He said I had a suspicious looking optic nerve.  He kept focusing on my right eye.  He said I don;t thing there is anything to worry about.  I'm gonna do one more test...if it's okay i will see you in a year.  He then went in with another patient.  I took the test, the nurse went in the examining room that he was in and came out and said there has been a change, he wants to see you in 6 months.  I didn;t have a chance to ask any questions. I was kind of in shock. What causes the optic nerve to look suspicious.  Do you only have one optic nerve that will affect both eyes or does the problem affect both eyes.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You are certainly entitled to an explanation.  I suggest you call your ophthalmologist and ask him.

As for the optic nerve, you have one in each eye.  The optic nerve is what transmits the visual images that appear on your retina to your brain, allowing you to see.
Blank
711220_tn?1251894727
On of the most common problem is a finding of possible glaucoma.  Glaucoma progresses very slowly so a repeat test in 6 months is ok.

Dr. O.
Blank
I was reading about the optic nerve on the internet.  It is pretty frightening.  It mentioned tumors, MS, strokes, and other illnesses regarding the optic nerve.  I tried to call my doctor yesterday but he was with patients and never called me back.  I guess I will just have to wait until my 6 month appointment to find answers.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank