suspicious looling optic nerve
I went to my eye doctor yesterday.  He said I had a suspicious looking optic nerve.  He kept focusing on my right eye.  He said I don;t thing there is anything to worry about.  I'm gonna do one more test...if it's okay i will see you in a year.  He then went in with another patient.  I took the test, the nurse went in the examining room that he was in and came out and said there has been a change, he wants to see you in 6 months.  I didn;t have a chance to ask any questions. I was kind of in shock. What causes the optic nerve to look suspicious.  Do you only have one optic nerve that will affect both eyes or does the problem affect both eyes.
You are certainly entitled to an explanation.  I suggest you call your ophthalmologist and ask him.

As for the optic nerve, you have one in each eye.  The optic nerve is what transmits the visual images that appear on your retina to your brain, allowing you to see.
On of the most common problem is a finding of possible glaucoma.  Glaucoma progresses very slowly so a repeat test in 6 months is ok.

Dr. O.
I was reading about the optic nerve on the internet.  It is pretty frightening.  It mentioned tumors, MS, strokes, and other illnesses regarding the optic nerve.  I tried to call my doctor yesterday but he was with patients and never called me back.  I guess I will just have to wait until my 6 month appointment to find answers.