Eye Care Community
swollen eyelids

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

swollen eyelids

hi , my wife is really suffering at the moment with swollen eyelids as many of you are . This first started about 4 years ago after using Nivea creme . She never used it again so we put it down to the lanolin in this product which seems to give lots of people an allergic reaction .Then about 3 weeks ago I bought my wife a mothers day treat and wished i'd never bothered !!! This was a Victoria Jackson makeup set with all the freebies that there pushing in WH Smiths. After using the makeup my wifes eyelids became swollen(baggy) , itchy and flaky a few days later. She immediately stopped using the products and we then began racking our brains as to why this had happened again and what thelink was (if any ) between the nivea creme and the Victoria Jackson cosmetics .Theres a couple of chemicals in both which is magnesium stearate and linaloo. The latter chemical is a fragrance and seems to be in pretty much everything . The deeper we dig ,the more confused we become .I think many of you ill empathise with us at the moment . In desparation my wife decided the other day a total new set of makeup was needed , so I spent another £60 on several Clinique products only t find that the problem shows no sign of going away so easily. My wifes eyeslids are now swollen again ! They are not red at allbutit just seems as though there is more skin just above the eyelid accompanied with a burning sensation. The answer has got to be a skin allergy test so we can pinpoint the offending chemical(s). But where can we get this done . I'm in Rotherham near Sheffield UK .  
-
-
I am having the same problem with Victoria Jackson makeup. Just googled "Victoria Jackson Makup, allergic reaction" and found your post. I know it is the makeup because it ONLY happens when I wear it. Swollen, red, itchy eylids and eye area all the way up to the eyebrow. So red, looks like sunburn!!
=