Eye Care Expert Forum
swollen eyelids

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

swollen eyelids
I have had swollen eyelids left and right, since May 2007.  I had cataract surgery in September.  Before my cataract surgery I had double vision, swollen eyelids and the left eye is lazy or the muscles aren't moving correctly.  I have been to an Allergist and the swollen eyelids have improved some, more on my unoperated eye than my left one that had cataract surgery.  My eyes are dry and I have to tape the left one down at night or it flies open, dries out and is very painful when I awake. My double vision has worsen in the past 2 months.  Not to mention looking up, down to the left or right is useless.  It is so doubled, I can't make anything out.  Driving is a treat.   I am 47 and was just tested for Diabetes and Graves disease.  The doctor I just saw mentioned a Neurologist.  Well I feel like I am going to worry myself to death before I find out what this is.  Any sugessions?
Read the many posts on this site about dry eyes, search the term and look under health topics. Ask your eye surgeon about a referral to a neurophthalmologist.

JCH III MD

JCH III MD