Eye Care Community
swollen lump on eye socket under the eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I have had a lump under my left eye that sits under the socket on the bone for about 5 or so years.  I did go to my GP about 2 years ago and he said it wasn't anything to be concerned about, however it is significally bigger now and protrudes and looks alot bigger than that side.  It is not sore, and it feels like fat issue possibly?  Do you know what this could be and is it common or should I be concerned?  I would really like it removed as it has become quite noticable.

thanks

Janine

This discussion is related to small hard movable ball under eye.
Tags: eyes, socket, lump
It should be removed because its growing and because it bother you and finally a tissue diagnosis is needed. See an Eye MD ophthalmologist to have it removed. FInd one near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD