swollen optic nerve
I went to my eye doctor for routine checkup 3 weeks ago and he found that my optic nerve on my left eye was swollen.  He did a few visual field test and said my vision is 20/20 but he referred me to a nerve specialist and a neurologist.  The nerve specialist confirmed the swollen optic nerve and ordered an MRI. I have had the MRI done and bloodwork and so far nothing has showed up.  They want me to have a spinal tap done next week.  I dont know what they will want to do next if the results from the spinal tap come back good.  The problem is that I dont have any of the syptoms that ALL three doctors are telling me I should have and they seem to be a little puzzled.  I have researched over and over again and I am a little concerned.  If everything has come back normal so far do I really need to worry and what else could cause swollen optic nerve? Do I need to worry about vision loss or any thing else major? So many questions any help is greatly appreciated!
I do not know what a nerves specialist is.  You should see a neuro-ophthalmologist to make sure you do not have psuedopapilledema (psuedo nerve swelling.  

Dr. O.