swollen watery eyes in the morning
For the past few months my lower eyelids have been very swollen when I wake up.  For the first hour that I am up I have almost a constant stream of tears running out of the corners of both eyes. It doesn't happen every day but does happen most days. If I stay in bed with a cool mask and apply pressure to my eyes for 15 min. before I rise the swelling almost goes away completely and the mask usually ends up very wet from the fluid that comes out of my eyes. Besides the eye symptoms I have noticed that the skin on my lower lids no longer bounces back if I pinch it. It stays in place for several seconds before flattening out.  It is difficult to put any type of undereye coverup on because the lid just stretches. I am afraid I am going to damage the skin of my lower lids.  I wear glasses and I take thyroid medication and an antihistamine daily.  I have not changed any facial cleansing or makeup products. I asked my endocrinologist and he said to see an eye doctor. I see an Optometrist for my yearly eye exam. Is that who I should see for this or should I see my PCP or a dermatologist since the skin of my lids seems to also be affected?
You should see an ophthalmologist.

Dr. O.
I disagree. You should see an allergist - particularly one who is also an clinical ecologist. And I recommend reading Dr. Mandell's 5-Day Allergy Relief System.
Oh, and I am 63, wear glasses and take medication for thyroid deficiency. But, I rarely use antihistamines unless I'm desparate! Many have rebound effects over time and can make you drowsy.  Plus,who knows what they do to your organs. Same goes for cortisones.
HI- dis you ever get resolution on this? I too take meds for a slow thyroid and this started happening 2 months ago.I am 34. Any info would be great.