temporary loss of eyesight, with confusion
A few years ago I use to have these episodes where I would lose most all of my eye sight ( things would be grayed out). It would last for about 45 min. with and without pain behind my eyes after.  Followed by some confusion, forgot some words, and problem solving.  occurred about every 1-2 weeks. Then stopped for almost 2 years.  Now I am near faint all of the time, weak and fatigue.  and on the 18th when I was shaking, feeling hot, my daughter got me a drink and I couldn't see her face, (the right side) and other spots of my vision was missing, with a large blurred light from the top to the bottom of the far right side with everything else grayed out around it.  This time it lasted for about two hours, and I was off balance for about 4 days after.  Later that day I went to the ER the CT came back normal.  At night after the lights are off I see flashes of light, and sometimes waves of moving light, I get nauseous and sometimes have to turn the light back on because it makes me sick feeling.  This has been going on for the last 6 months.I normally always have blurred vision for about 5-6 years and when tired double ( diagnosed with convergence deficiency) and said I have to live with it.   Can some one explain this to me what is going on?
See a neuro-ophthalmologist.  You may have a migraine or variant.

Dr. O.
Is the temp. loss of eye sight reduced blood flow to the eyes?
Just got positive result for Lyme disease, after all these years of going through this.  Could still be just migraine.  Does Lyme disease damage eyes??
thanks for the reply, much appreciated, on all the wonderful interest and info.