Eye Care Expert Forum
think I am seeing bugs
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
think I am seeing bugs
I had a baby 5 weeks ago, while I was pregnant I noticed that I would see what I thought was a bug out of the corner of my eye.  It has not gone away.  I often feel like I see a bug running off in my peripheral vision.  This morning I noticed my eyes are a little bloodshot (which could be from lack of sleep)  I wear my classes more than my contacts.  Any thoughts?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488 tn?1310696703
Yes, the most common thing that would cause that is a vitreous floater. Follow the like helpfully posted by Jim123456 Although most are harmless if you have not had a MD ophthalmologist check you eyes in the last 12 months make an appointment to have them checked. Find one at www.aao.org

JCH III MD
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
I'm not an eye doctor, but it sounds like you have a somewhat normal eye condition called "eye floaters." I've had them my whole life, as well. They can vary in size or color, but are usually either round or worm-like, and can be pale or black. You can find more information on this link:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/eye-floaters/DS01036
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now