Eye Care Expert Forum
third nerve palsy

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

third nerve palsy
I have third nerve palsy! is there anything i can do to help the healing prosses along. i am wearing glasses with an eye patch on at the monent,istillhave double vision although it is getting better slowly.
Try to be as healthy as possible with great diet, proper rest and exercise, control blood pressure and blood sugar and basically try to keep yourself in tip-top shape.  Take care of your body in order to do as much as you can for the third nerve palsy.  I'm assuming you had the proper workup with an ophthalmologist and neurologist to rule out bad things like aneurysm and tumor, stroke, diabetes, giant cell arteritis, and other neurologic diseases.

MJK MD
Dear leelas,

I would definitely recommend that you see an eyeMD, preferable neuro-ophthalmologist to determine the cause of the third nerve palsy.  They will be able to guide you through your recovery.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California