torn retina symptoms
Hi.  I've been dealing with recurring flashes in my left eye, and have been working with a doctor who is monitoring them.  However, it's after hours right now, and I just experienced some flashes with a simultaneous shadow in a different part of my eye, and I'm not sure if this means I've got a tear or not.  The flashes always occur in the outside corner of my eye, while the shadow appeared across the lower left corner and bottom of my eye.  The shadow appeared at the exact same time as the flash, and disappeared when the flash stopped.  I haven't noticed any immediate changes in my vision, like blurring or more shadows or grayed vision, so I'm not sure if I need to seek emergency services. I'd appreciate feedback!
It's a terrible expression, but better safe than sorry. Symptoms like than need an MD's feedback. Call your eye MD ophthalmologist or retinologist immediately.
I replied to this in the other forum.
SEEK EMERGENCY CARE NOW!!!
Call the ophthalmologist's office that you normally go to and most dr's offices have someone on call who should be able to examine you ASAP. If not call around to other ophthalmologists' or visit the ER.
This may be the beginnings of a retinal detachment!