under eye edema
Hi, I am a 22-year-old girl with no history of familial edema but 3 months ago, I had sever conjunctivitis which was treated by steroid eyedroppers and antihistamine tablets. Recently I have recurrent conjunctivitis that leads to develop, according to my doctor, some kind of edema under my eyes which is getting worse over the time .My doctor said that this edema will go away and gave me ECONOPRED &ZYRTEC but I don’t feel much better .I still have the sense of gritty feeling specially when I wake up and burny eyes at the evening plus the bags under my eyes are getting worse every day. Now I want to know if conjunctivitis has something to do with developing under eye edema. And if this edema is curable or not? What drugs I have to take to diminish it? Does the untreated-edema lead to skin laxity and fat herniation the thing that requires plastic surgery to correct? Please reply to me as soon as possible. Thanks in advance,
At your age lid swelling does not normally become permanent no need surgery. Your condition must be very unusual as you are on a strong steroid. I can shed no other light on your problem. IF things don't improve you can always get a second opinion

JCH MD