Eye Care Community
unusual eye socket sensation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

unusual eye socket sensation

Two days ago I was struck in on the bridge of my nose (by the scope of my rifle - eye too close when I shot it). The blow bent my glasses significantly and produced some swelling and bruising. Once over the initial stun, my eye socket felt as though something was amiss. It is not painful, but I feel as though my eyeball is swollen. It looks normal and my vision is a little blurred in the eye. It is not sore nor does it hurt. Just feels like the socket is too small for my eyeball!

Any suggestions?
Tags: trauma, socket
Yess see an ophthalmologist
JCH MD
I did see an opthamologist and was diagnosed with a palsy as result of the trauma to the nerve that controls my eyelids.

Luckily I had no damage to my eyeball. That was a relief.

Thanks Dr. Hagan
You are welcome. Hope you're back to normal soon.
JCH MD