Eye Care Community
using pred and imuran
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

using pred and imuran

I have had flareups of iritis for the past 19yrs.  In Feb of 2008 the pred forte drops were not working.  My doctor put me on prednizone.  I gained alot of weight and my face is puffy.  I asked to try something else besides the prednozone and he prescribed imuran.  This is really scary, because the side effects includes cancer.  Is there not anything that can replace prednizone that is safer.  I'm not sure that I want to take this chance.  I know that he says that I would have to have a blood test every month for something but now reading about the side effects. I'm not sure I want this.  Is there any help out there.