uveitis and shingles
Is it possible that there is a link between developing uveitis (anterior - both eyes) and then a year later developing shingles? My doctor said there are so many possible causes of uveitis that they don't bother trying to determine the cause, they just worry about treating the case.  I had drops and then eventually had to have two rounds of injections in my eyes as the flare up was stubborn.

Not usually the case. If uveitis is recurrent or persistent then a systemic work up is usually done to look for underlying causes which can occur in up to 30% of the time. See an Eye MD uveitis specialist. Or go to University Eye Medical Center.

JCH MD
Thank you so much for your response. I was told that both uveitis and shingles can be brought on by stress in the body.  I was hoping that if there were diseases that could cause both I might be able to narrow the list as I don't seem to be getting a lot of assistance on this end. I will definitely look for a uveitis specialist - thank you!!
Shingles (herpes Zoster) can cause uveitis but generally only if the attack is on the face near the eye such as involving the upper and lower eyelid. If on the back or stomach or below the waist not likely a cause of eye uveitis.

Stress does not cause uvieitis. If it did there would be huge outbreaks following stress induced disasters like the earthquake in Haiti.

JCH MD