Eye Care Community
uvits problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

uvits problem

my doctor said i am having uvits problem and having inflamation (inflammation) on the eye.they are doing frequent lazer and continuesly they are giving medication of predinosoline .but the vision has come down to 6/18 in one eye.in my latest visit doctor said small scar in the retina and it will be clear itself. is it right ?there is posibilities to improve my vision.

Siva
It all depends on the cause of the uveitis. This sounds like a choroiditis, being in the back portion of the eye. These tend to be slow to improve so just realize that this might take awhile and try to be patient. It sounds like your doctor is doing everything needed for the best end result.
My father complained about red eye for some time, doctor diagnoised the illness as UVITS with some inflamation (inflammation) in the eye. I still am not clear about UVITS and it's causes. Please explain.