vertical glare/ghosting
Does anyone know what could cause a vertical glare upwards when in dim conditions or when viewing high contrast objects.  for example a road sign and a billboard that is lit up has a vertical merging of colors and a ghosting of the top part of the image on top.  It is present in both eyes and also identical in both eyes.  Day time vision mostly normal however in an area with lack of natural lighting or during dark conditions the top portion of the lit object is hazy and and fuzzy.  goes away when looking upwards towards top of eyelids and smeared and fuzzy/hazy when looking at object straight on.  worse the further away it is and lessens when nearing objects.  Any help or info into what this could be greatly appreciated!!
There are many possible causes, to name a few: needing glasses, wearing wrong glasses, contact lens problems, corneal disease, cataracts, retina/macular disease.

You need to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist. Find one near you at www.geteyesmart.org

JCH MD
Hello !
I am 15 year old male and experience a strange problem. On the 3rd of January I visited my ophtalmologist, who completed an exam with a slit lamp and an ophtalmoscope. He also completed a refractometry. Everything was OK. But litteraly one week after I started experiancing glare and halo at night. I recently developed ghost images(but only if i am thinking about it). The glare and halo appears on street and fludlights. I think i am experiencing less and less every day. What would be the cause of the phenomena. I am otherwise healthy, do have some anxiety, but didnt get enough sleep. I am under stress. The ghost images appear maybe every 3-5 days-if i think about them of course. I had some problems when I broke up with my girlfriend, and that caused the stress. Any ideas
I can only see the ghost images on subtitles and LED.
I made a digital photograph by ma camera of my eye(the cornea looks OK-ball shaped. Because people with keratoconus have enlarged corneas. I do not experience blurred vision
There are a lot of things that could cause this although at your age the sudden onset is unusual. Possibilities include: needing glasses, incorrect glasses, corneal disease including irregular astigmatism, low grade iritis, cataract, macular disease, optic nerve disease, neurological disease (not common) and undiagnosed diabetes and............severe anxiety.  You will need to work through them with your ophthalmologist.

JCH MD
Hello !
I aranged a visit at a cornea specialist(one of the best in my area). Diabetes can be excluded(as i know now-i checked the bs). The other thing is that if i put off my glasses i wont see the starburst effect, but i will have problems(as my diopter is D- 2,20 in the right eye and -2,00 in left).
The other question is. I do not have ghosting-but is very miled(i do not see this every day !) and very rearly see it(In both eyes of course(, i did notice a strange phenomena do. I can see well (but lets say the veihcle registration signs) can be a bit blurry-astigmatism symptom. But if i adjust my glasses a bit(putting and holding them above my nose) i do not see this bluriness. It is strange and only in ONE EYE ! The other thing is that i noticed all these symptoms after having anxiety attacks. But as I say better to be safe than sorry and if the cornea specialist(one of the best ones in my area) does not find anything i am going to a psychiatrist ASAP !
Sorry for my spelling i was in a rush.
I DO SEE SLIGHT GHOSTING EVERY 3-5 DAYS !
I also experience floaters, that have been allready checked by a retinal specialist with an ophtalmoscope and a slit lamp. Could the vitreus be causing this.