Eye Care Expert Forum
vision at night

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

vision at night
Doctor,

I am a 32-year-old male with nearsightedness and a lazy left eye. Lately, I have noticed difficulty seeing in very dark situations with my "good" right eye. The problem goes away within 10-15 minutes but is noticable when it occurs. Any thoughts on what it may be?
Since its your good eye it is imperative that you get in to see an Eye MD physician (ophthalmologist) immediately. It could be something as simple as your glasses needing changed (in the dark your pupil dilates and it makes the eye somewhat more myopic) or it could represent an eye disease.

JCH III MD