Eye Care Expert Forum
vision halo

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

vision halo
I had a fall in September that resulted in back injury and concussion.  Since the I have had many continuing symptoms including a visual disturbance that consists of a "halo" around everything in my left eye.  It looks like a transparent white outline around everything I see, but only in my left eye.  Is this something that is common or am I just weird?
Not very common.  First step would be to see an ophthalmologist to see if there is a simple ocular explanation.  If they don't find a good explanation, you may need to consult with a neuroophthalmologist.

HV