Eye Care Expert Forum
vision worse after adjustment

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

vision worse after adjustment
I had my original lasik on both eyes about 3 years ago.  Within a year, me right eye had gotten two presciptions weaker.  They adjusted the right eye about 18 months ago.  My right vision is now worse than it has ever been since I started wearing glasses at age 5, and I am now 29.  I suffer extreme ghosting and double vision so bad, I can hardly see what I am typing right now, so only my left eye is open. I have been back for several follow- ups and been reasurred that it would go away within a year.  I have given up night driving altogether and feel completely helpless.  During the day I cannot read license plates or giant billboards that you can see a mile away. I am at my wits end and am seriously considering legal action.
Dear andrewc79,

I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD and communicate your frustrations and difficulties and seek to focus on a solution which enables better vision to enable you to function.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California