visual snow, starbursting, blurring
Ever since I can remember I have had what apparently is called visual snow. My eyes are very sensitive to light. It is difficult to drive at night because of all the lights and the starbursting effect. It is so blinding that I can barely see where I am going sometimes. When I am reading sometimes the words just go blurry. Letter look fuzzy even with reading glasses on. It is getting so difficult to read on my computer screen that I don't know what I'm going to do.

Is there any treatment that will make it easier to read?

You can try different tinted lenses. At most sporting goods stores you can find hunter's glasses. Sounds funny, but the amber or orange tint can drastically help. Other tints may be more helpful to you, too. Best wishes,
sounds like me
Thank you for this suggestion. I will give it a try. I have also ordered a couple of overlays from the Irlen Institute. I will post an update as to the effectiveness.

I have an appointment with another eye doctor. But I don't think he will be able to help me with the snow. I also have floaters pretty bad, blurring the vision in my left eye consistently. And early (I'm only 56) cataracts. I'm very far-sighted, but don't see very well at distances either. Do you think I can get eyeglasses that will help?

Thank you.
A related discussion, Did the lenses helped? was started.