Eye Care Community
vitrectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

vitrectomy

Once this surgery is performed and healing has occured, can this recur in the eye again?

Is your question whether a person can undergo a vitrectomy more than once? Or is it whether the condition that led to the vitrectomy can recur?

I have had two vitrectomies, one for a retinal detachment and the other for an ERM, nine months apart, if that helps answer your question.
Yes, problems can recur.

Dr. O.
my question concerning the vitrectomy had to do with whether or not the same problem that caused me to have the vitrectomy can recur in the same eye.  Thank you for your answer it was somewhat helpful, but if I read it correctly you had to separate and different issues. Thank you.