Eye Care Community
vitrous fluid thickening

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

vitrous fluid thickening

I have thickening of the vitreous fluid and also alot of floaters.  The floaters are caused from the retinal tear but I don't know why the vitreous fluid is thickening and how to stop it or cure it which causes my vision to be filmy inside my eye. Eyedrops do not help.  Does anyone else have this problem and what is this?
Assuming you do not have an eye full of blood or inflammation then the problem is likely not as bad as you think. I suggest you see a retina Eye MD to examine your eyes. If you live in the USA find one near you at www.aao.org    If you HAVE seen one call in your questions and clarification you need to his/her staff.

JCH MD